Sunday 11 July 2010

Learning new things

I'm so pleased I'm actually making progress with this jumper. Yesterday I learned for the first time how to do a backwards loop cast on, which I've never done before :D I needed this to add stitches for under the arms, so good old You Tube came to the rescue. It really is an easy method, but not nearly as neat as the regular 2 needle cast on I've always used.

The unfortunate thing I've found though was I should have used something called a 'provisional cast on' to start off, which I'd never heard of before. This apparently makes it easy to pick up stitches when you need to and it's where I'll want to pick up for the hood of the sweater. Fortunately I do know how to pick up stitches from a regular cast on quite well so I think I'll be OK.

So now I have stitches on yarn for the arms and am at the point of starting the empire band waistline. Hopefully I should get that completed by tonight :D

No comments:

Post a Comment